Saturday, January 11, 2014

Quilting Is(n't) Funny!

Let me start by saying I absolutely stink as a blog hoppee. I was supposed to post this little stop yesterday and it totally blew past me, as work has been hectic, and I've just been falling onto bed face first every night. Megan, I apologize for being tardy, but I'm here, now!

With that mea culpa out of the way, I must tell you about the lovely Megan Dougherty, or as you may know her, The Bitchy Stitcher. I first found her blog more than three years ago. I worked at a job I hated and to make myself feel better, I would peruse blogs from time to time. Hers made me snort with laughter. I'm not kidding you. I snorted. At my desk. In a gopher farm. The first time she dick-rolled me (you know what I'm talking about), it was love. A fan was born.

I admired her from afar, thinking she was a really cool chick and probably wouldn't give two snaps about me. And then it happened. We joined the same vulgar quilting bee. I got to know her through the camaraderie of the group online. I was up close and personal with her tender heart, her snarky wit, and her beautifully creative self. Turns out, she farts just like everyone else, though she'll tell you she farts rainbows, so that must mean they smell like Skittles. (I told you I'd do it, Megan!)

Of course, that doesn't make me admire her any less. I love her even more!


When Megan said she was self-publishing a collection of some of her essays including new material), I KNEW I had to get my hands on it. I ordered a signed copy for my mom for her birthday. Last week, as I was home visiting her, she began reading Quilting Is(n't) Funny and was literally laughing out loud, just as I knew she would.

Leave a comment below for a chance to win a copy of your very own. I'll choose a winner on Monday, January 20.

If you'd like to snort, or laugh out loud, or choke on your coffee because you can't stop reading to even take a sip, this book is for you. Go here. Buy one for you, one for your best friend, and one for your mom. You won't regret it.

And while you're at it, get a copy of the Quilter's Shirtless Man and Spicy Burrito Calendar. It's sure to brighten up your studio and all proceeds go to a good cause.

22 comments:

  1. Farts rainbows that smell like skittles - AWESOME - what a visual with smell-a-vision!!! I will have to get this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this book sounds wonderfully funny, something I could use these days! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pick me, pick me! I need a good snort...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Id love to win! I need a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need some good laughs, thanx for the give a way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all about bodily noises, so I'd love to win. Thx for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is a hoot, with a heart of gold. She sent me 5 boxes of fabric, to use in my charity mission to make quilts for a local PICU. The woman definitely has my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked up a copy for a friend but haven't read it, yet. I have more quilt friends that would just love a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't had any luck so far. Maybe you'll be the charm. It is healthy to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. her blog makes me cry- in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds great, we all love to laugh. Would love to win this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds delightful and I love your real life issues! Life DOES happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could SO use a laugh or two or ten.... it's been a really really pissy week. Love Megan's blog and I'm gonna get my hands on her book one way or another!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love, love, love to win this book! I'm ordering one for my mom who lives out of state, but I would love to win a copy for me : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's wet, grey and gloomy here - I could really do with a laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a great read!!! Love the title......and the graphics!!!
    ...pick me...please....
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish there were another naughty bee starting, I'd love to join. I'm excited about the book and it's on my list as a must-have.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think its very important to get some good advice before you get your fake tan applied.
    If you are applying your tan yourself, read the label and take advice from the manufacturer. Prepare your skin properly. If you are going to a salon, call them up before-hand and get some information.

    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm just a beginner, but this sounds like a fun book that even I could relate to

    ReplyDelete