Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I'm not dead, yet!

It's been nearly two months since I blogged, and much longer than that for a proper post, but I'm still here! I'm spending most of my time working on commission pieces and getting set for the big move to Australia in June.

Part of the move prep is touching every piece of fabric I own, sorting it by color or into the sell pile, then folding it properly. I'll be taking a suitcase full of fabric and other quilting supplies to Oz; I only get two suitcases and a carry-on to transport my whole life and these items will be essential to my well-being. (Shipping is prohibitively expensive for anything over four pounds.)

First, I had to be honest with myself and pull out all the fabric I've purchased in the last year and haven't bothered to put into my stash. I then sorted it into color family.


Then, I started folding it (as previously discussed in a guest post on the Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild blog).


Looking better!

I'm quite pleased with the stack of blues I've set aside to sell or donate.


Of course, I'm still working on my commission piece, King of the Cuttlefish (the one with all sorts of lovely purples). I've made it through all the half-square triangles, creating a fade from dark to light. It's getting closer!


I'll be very busy getting things squared away, here, but hope to check in periodically. Upon arrival in Oz, I plan to regale you with all the goings on and adventures, quilty or otherwise! I'm looking forward to...


the farmers market...


interesting creatures...


the beach, and my guy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh life just gets in the way sometime doesn't it! Fab news about you moving to Oz. That is much closer to me!! Brisbane has great weather, but stock up on fabric and thread... It is so expensive down under.

    ReplyDelete