Friday, January 6, 2017

Flaun's Fabric Pull Friday: Movie Prompts!

It's a brand new year and I wanted to start my fabric pulls with a bit of a challenge: movies.

If you know me personally (and I guess you'll know this about me, now), I love movies. I especially love science fiction or fantasy movies. There are so many series or fandoms, if you will, that hold a special place in my geeky little heart.

Of course, also being me, I had to push the rules a bit. Some of my pulls will not be from movies, but long-standing franchises from television. I'll also pepper in pulls on projects I am currently constructing here in my little mountain retreat.

Let's start with a series I watch over and over, start to finish, multiple times a year: Harry Potter.

Jo Rowling did a beautiful thing with this series, and I'm so happy they turned it into a series of movies. Of course, the acting got better as the kids grew into their craft, the special effects got better as technological advances were made, and the story went darker as you knew it would if you read the books. In the magical end, a young boy who should have been hard or grasping at any semblance of power or possession he could reach was the honest, caring, generous victor we all needed him to be.

I need a bit of his bravery in my heart. All my thanks to Jo Rowling for Harry, his entire Wizarding World, and now Newt Scamander.

Today's Fabric Pull Friday honors Harry and his house, as well as so many other favorite characters: Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, Neville...

Gryffindor

Remember to follow me on all my platforms to keep up with the fabric fun of all varieties (and sometimes some pictures up here in the mountains).
Instagram - I Plead Quilty
Facebook - I Plead Quilty

No comments:

Post a Comment